26 things I am thankful for | Happy Birthday to me!
It is hard to believe that I am officially in the league of women in the late 20s. 😭😭😭
I remember my 18th birthday; I was in Uniben at the time standing under the infamous hall 2 car park almond (egbelegbo) tree and was so angry for 2 reasons; I was broke and couldn’t at last least throw a small party and I had to remind my dad that it was my birthday. Imagine my worry! 🙄😳😳
8 years later, with so many expectations cut short, ‘adulting’, heart breaks 💔💔, disappointments and life hitting me left, right, center. Reality has finally dawned on me that; adulthood is a trap, life is hard, life could be beautiful and would be beautiful eventually,
this life is just a pot of beans, and most importantly, God’s plan for our life is totally different from what we imagine our life will be.
I can just imagine God sitting on his throne and laughing at our plans; in his mind he would say ‘this one never know anything’ (being so Nigerian right now!!!) 😂😂🤣
At the moment, I am more worried about how I would pay bills, how I would get done with masters, how I would start up my businesses, how my account balance will increase and not keep on decreasing, how my biological clock is ticking, tick, tick, tock and my mother is there to remind me that Tega you’re 26 years old now ooooooo. 😂😂🤣
With the drive I
had have, I was too certain that at 26, I would have attained a certain level of success and the next agenda would be marriage…😂 but then
Jeremiah 29 vs 11 “For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Proverbs 19 vs 21 “You can make many plans, but the lord’s purpose will prevail.”
Isaiah 60 vs 22b “At the right time, I, the lord, will make it happen.”
I know it will happen at God’s time but then heaven helps those who helps themselves – with hard work, dedication, consistency and extra ordinary determination.
For some reason, I am overly emotional today 😔😔😔. This birthday just feels different. All I feel in my heart is gratitude. My eyes were and still filled with tears when I saw my birthday pictures – how can one be this beautiful? 😍😍😍. (Biko! It is my birthday so I am allowed to be extra vain 😝😝🙈🙈) This small Tega of yesterday. I am literally asking myself if this is me!!!! Small girl with a very big God.
I can’t thank God enough! So I decided to share 26 things I am thankful for;
1) I am thankful for LIFE! Being alive is a testimony. As a child I had chronic asthma but God in his infinite mercies delivered me.
2) I am thankful for family. Without my parents, I wouldn’t even be in this world in the first place. I honestly have the best family in the world.
3) I am thankful for friendship – there are not many of you but if I call you my friend, then you’ve been a blessing to me one way or the other. New, old, and everyone in between, I appreciate you!
4) Thankful for good health; as in extremely good health
5) The salvation of my soul; I don’t know the kind of life I’d be living if I do not have Christ! 🙏🏾🙏🏾
6) Education; there’s no money, there’s no money but I have attained – A diploma, higher diploma, Bsc and and Msc in view from good schools.
7) Wisdom that comes with age; thankfully I grow smarter with age.
8) I am thankful for my drive, determination, for my dreams and aspirations. I’m thankful that I haven’t given up on dreaming.
9) I am thankful for I know my worth and I love myself beyond reasonable doubts
10) I am thankful I have discovered my purpose in life and I am maximizing my potential
11) I am thankful for my sense of humor — for if I did not have it, I do not think I could have made it through a lot of the obstacles in my life.
12) I am thankful that I’m able to do what I love – Not everyone can state that they are truly happy with their career or current position, and yet I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to do the things that I do. I only wish the pay was higher.
13) I am thankful for my blog and social media and being able to be connect with you guys! If you’re reading this, thank you for taking out time to read my posts!
14) I am thankful for those that comment because I know how busy all of you guys are! It really means the world to me when I get feedback or a thoughtful comment from you!
15) I am thankful for the intelligence and wisdom God has given me. I wasn’t the smartest kid growing up but I realized I had to work 2 times harder than my peers to meet up. This has helped me in ways I cannot imagine. I am so proud of myself.
16) I am thankful for the people that hurt and/or disappointed me, failed relationships (awon yoruba demons) because they taught me how to forgive and move on. And also thankful for the experiences I have gained.
17) I am thankful for google. I always say after God is google. %80 of what I know I learnt from google
18) I am thankful for my blog. Having a platform to share with you guys my ideas, inspiration, and real life moments is something I treasure
19) I am thankful for my compassionate heart. Helping people in which ever way I can is what I live for. It gives me utmost joy when I make someone happy.
20) I am thankful I know where my life is headed. Not many people know what they would like or want to achieve, I am fortunate to know the type of life I want to live and I am excited about the journey ahead. Life is a journey and you never know where it may lead but if you can take small steps that you feel is right at that time & work towards your goals.
21) I am thankful for the amazing ideas God gives me. I pray he gives me the wisdom to actualize them.
22) I am thankful for fashion!!!!!
23) I am thankful for love even though it is yet to find me, I know I would be drowned!
24) I am thankful for my braces. Its going to be exactly 3 years tomorrow since I fixed it. And it is the best decision I ever made in my life.
25) The future. I’m excited to see the bright future ahead of me. I’m happy to have plans and move towards them.
26)I am thankful for YOU! For taking out time out of your busy schedule to read my blog . Your support and loyalty makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I am thankful I am able to inspire you one way or the other. My little space on the internet would not be possible without all of you.
I am thankful to God for making me see another 365 days.
May this day mark the beginning of a new dawn for me in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. May it bring plenty money too. 😂👯🤗
Thank you Lord!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Happy Birthday to me!!!!!