With Only 2 more days to officially scream Happy New Year, I think we’re all currently in a state of SET NEW GOALS. Life goals, blog goals, business goals, relationship goals…totally necessary! With the New Year comes new responsibilities and new opportunities and I’m ready to take them dead on. In my previous post, I shared how to stick to your 2017 resolutions & goals – I felt need to share some blog goals that’ll help you grow your blog to where you want it to be by the end of 2017.
We would all agree that blogging is not child’s play contrary to what most people think. Blogging requires a lot of work and planning. At times, it’s exhausting and disappointing because there’s no visible progress. This year has thought me the importance of setting goals and blogging goals shouldn’t be left out because – first and most importantly it gives the drive and a sense of direction to what you aim to achieve and you can measure your progress while at it. Secondly, creating and monitoring various goals for your blog is one of the most effective, efficient, and interesting ways of improving your blog.
Below is a list of 50 different blogging goals of which I have made a good number my personal blog goals. God help me and us all! Choose the ones that you think will improve your blog and I’m certain you’d meet up to them. We’ll be back at the end of 2017 to discuss your achievements. Most of all, remember to make your goals SMART. A S.M.A.R.T. goal is defined as one that is specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time-bound.
[clickToTweet tweet=” 50 Blog goals you should set to help grow your blog this year” quote=” 50 Blog goals you should set to help grow your blog this year” theme=”style2″]
- Increase your blog traffic %100
- Write at least 3 blog posts in a week
- Increase Your Email Opt-In Rate and blog subscribers by 50%
- Comment on X numbers of blogs daily or weekly
- Reply to every blog comments
- Get a minimum of X number of comments per post
- Discover and comment on X number of new and old blogs a day
- Monetize your blog
- Design a new blog layout
- Switch to a new blog platform
- Decrease blog bounce rate
- Share blog posts across different social media platforms
- Re share old blog posts
- Increase your number of page views
- Increase your number of unique visitors
- Get readers from every country
- Write an evergreen post
- Get x number of traffic from different referrals
- Analyze your blog traffic on a daily basis
- Start a new blog category
- Increase your social media following
- Write a guest post for other blogs
- Write a free eBook every month
- Dedicate certain number of hours to your blog everyday
- Plan all your blog post for the following month at the end of each month
- Run a contest on your blog
- Read more to improve your writing skills
- Link up with other bloggers
- Send out newsletter emails every week
- Make certain amount of money every month
- Tweak your existing blog posts for better SEO
- Have a number of Guests posts on your blog
- Get advertisers and sponsors to collaborate with
- Lower your Alexa rating to a certain number each week
- Plan your next blog post a week before
- Attend conference and events in your niche
- Review and checklist your blog goals every week
- Try a different traffic generating strategy
- Collaborate with other bloggers
- Help someone else start a blog
- Invest in one useful blogging resource every month
- Pay to promote your blog
- Post on social media frequently
- Learn SEO
- Learn to use new blogging tools
- Submit your blog post to different social bookmarking website
- Search for google keywords before writing a blog posts
- Learn something new about blogging
- Network, network, network with other bloggers on a regular
- Finally but not the least, review your blog goals every week and checklist your mile stone.
I have designed this list into a printable PDF file available for download in my resource library. I hope it helps you, friend! click below to get access.
p.s. If you liked this freebie, I’d love it if you pinned this post on Pinterest. Just click the “pin it” button. You’re the best!
What blogging goals have you set for this year? Leave us a comment and share this post so others can benefit!